Re: [OPE] debates on whether value existed in pre-capitalist society

From: howard engelskirchen <he31@verizon.net>
Date: Tue Aug 31 2010 - 19:17:43 EDT

Hi Jerry,

You write

"it failed to grasp the specific, historically-constituted, social relations
associated with value."

Yes, but then to Paul's earlier question -- do these specific,
historically-constituted, social relations associated with value pre date
capitalism?

I want to return to the question on abstraction raised during the summer and
will get to it in the next days.

I had a moment on Penobscot Bay and thought of you sailing.

howard