Re: [OPE] Reply to critics (Levy)

From: paul bullock <paulbullock@ebms-ltd.co.uk>
Date: Sun Oct 03 2010 - 15:35:44 EDT

Jurriaan,

A commodity is not a commodity if it is not sold, and the value in it is not
realised as money. The whole business has to been viewed as a total process,
although in the analysis (which is not the concrete reality) one may and
must assess the parts. Without exchange there can be no value, and without
exploitation there can be no surplus value. If you think that there can be
value without exchange then of course we will soon be hearing that value
exists in communist societies where the market has been done away with.

Paul Bullock