Re: [OPE] Reply to critics (Levy)

From: paul bullock <paulbullock@ebms-ltd.co.uk>
Date: Sun Oct 03 2010 - 17:29:22 EDT

This has always been a bone of contention for me.. why do you think that the
time spent by particular concrete labours that are allocated by collective
decisions, certainly a physical cost, can be regarded as 'values' if the
specific social process of abstraction, the market, no longer exists? Why
can an accounting system simply based on the changing quantities of
materials and effort not be set up? Demand will be set by democratic choice
about use values.

Why are you trying to retain the abstraction of the market?

Paul B