Re: [OPE] Great article from Jan Toporowski

From: Cipolla <cipolla@ufpr.br>
Date: Mon Oct 04 2010 - 18:17:29 EDT

For what I read of his he (John Bellamy Foster, without a dash) certainly
qualifies as an underconsumptionist. His account of the late crisis is based
on Sweezy´s (and on Baran and Sweezy's) tendency towards stagnation due the
fact that supply of consumers goods grows ahead of demand. To this other
things are added it is true, but he remains a devoted follower of the
previous editors of Monthly Review. In fact "left-Keynesiam
underconsumptionist" is an almost precise match for the whole of the
analysis is based on the lack of demand. The last attempt of Palley from the
New School to put together the views from the left (read underconsumptionist
school) and the views springimg from Minky´s type of analyses shows how
precise that denomitation is.

Paulo