Re: [OPE] FWD: doctors, barbers and vets

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Wed Oct 13 2010 - 14:21:56 EDT

> A society has to be fairly rich to afford many doctors, but the same could be said of naval architects or
> electrical engineers, all are expensive to train.

Hi Paul C:

Cuba isn't faily rich but they have many doctors (/capita). But,
at least in my way of thinking, the value relationship doesn't
in Cuba determine who who are doctors, how many doctors there are, or the
nature of medical care. The allocation of labour in Cuban society is
fundamentally different from that where the law of value rules.