Re: [OPE] absinence theory

From: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se>
Date: Mon Oct 25 2010 - 10:00:44 EDT

On 25 October 2010 15:33, GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com> wrote:

> Insofar as the reproduction process is concerned, it could just as
> easily be said that the magnitude of c1 and v1 and the magnitude of c2 and
> v2
> are also determined by whether and how much s3 is invested in c and v in 1
> and/or 2.

Not 'as easily' because there are underlying relations of social labour.
This was clear in my example of 'servants' and 'servant workers'. The size
of III depends entirely on how much surplus labour of I and II takes the
form of means of production and real wages consumed in III.

It is this asymmetry between the economically self-sustaining basic sector
and the dependent non-basic sector that gives the latter the unproductive
features identified by Smith and Marx.

//Dave Z