Re: [OPE] absinence theory

From: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se>
Date: Mon Oct 25 2010 - 12:38:39 EDT

On 2010-10-25 17:53, GERALD LEVY wrote:

> In any event, the idea of an economically self-sustaining department is
> pure illusion. Department I requires Dept II output and vice versa
> and you wouldn't have a Dept I or Dept II under capitalism unless you
> had what you call Dept III.

That is a misunderstanding on your part. Capitalists may consume same
goods as workers. It is the specific section of the economy, whose
output does not enter directly or indirectly into the production of the
real wage which is unproductive. The 'necessity' of luxury yachts and
fighter jets for the reproduction of capitalism is pure apologetics.

//Dave Z