Re: [OPE] Reply to critics

From: Paula <Paula_cerni@msn.com>
Date: Tue Nov 02 2010 - 17:06:45 EDT

Jerry asked:
> What are the 'products' being produced by the insurance industry?

We can answer this question in several ways. We can say each insurance
policy is a product. We can say, in a more general sense, that the insurance
industry produces home insurance, car insurance, life insurance, etc. We can
also say it produces 'protection', 'peace of mind', 'financial assistance in
case of floods', etc. All of these answers are correct. All of these results
are produced. But none of them are goods, and so, IMHO, they are not
commodities. There is production in the insurance industry, but not of
commodities.

What 'products' are produced by the clown industry?

Paula