Re: [OPE] CAPITAL AS POWER: free PDF download

From: Charlie <charles1848@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun Nov 28 2010 - 15:08:00 EST

The PDF has a nice table of contents window, so I read the two-page
section beginning on page 19 first. "...Revolutionary instances cannot
be theorized easily, and for a good reason. They are rooted in the
original spark of free human creativity. ... These eruptions – and their
consequences – do not follow a pre-set pattern. They cannot be
systematically theorized."

The implication of the section is plain: there can be no program for a
new society. We can see the hillside that capitalism (and we) are
sliding down, but we cannot look up and see the next mountain in
history, not even in outline.

If you think there might be a proof of Nitzan's dismal conclusion and if
it matters to you, pour a brandy and start reading. Or you can ponder
what broad but specific program emerges from historical materialist
analysis, like the three principles developed in my book (below).

Jonathan Nitzan wrote:

Capital as Power: A Study of Order and Creorder
by Jonathan Nitzan and Shimshon Bichler

In our book contract with Routledge, we gave up our royalties in return
for the publisher pricing the paperback at less than $40 and for
allowing us to post a free PDF copy 18 months after the original
publication date (May 22, 2009). In line with this agreement, the
complete book is now freely available in PDF format (subject to the
Creative Commons License).
<

In any event, thanks for the download. Instead of US$40, my publisher
started at $11.95 with No Rich, No Poor, although it will stay at that
list price.

Charles Andrews

http://www.amazon.com/NO-RICH-POOR-CHARLES-ANDREWS/dp/096799053X/