[OPE] FWD: Just published: THE NATIONAL QUESTION AND THE QUEST ION O F CRISIS (RPE, Vol. 26)

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Tue Nov 30 2010 - 16:16:41 EST

The reason the profit is still 10 billlion is that we assume that the labour force remains the same and the rate of surplus value is unchanged.
Why don't they just consume all the capital?
Remember this is an overall social process in which different capitalists acting in their short term self interest produce this change in the accumulation rate. There is no long term strategy here, other than maxims of fund managers like : make the assets sweat, maximise shareholder value. These principles discourage large long term investment, and express the parasitic rentier interest.