Re: [OPE] Linear transformation between equilibrium prices and labour values

From: Alejandro Agafonow <alejandro_agafonow@yahoo.es>
Date: Fri Dec 03 2010 - 22:14:20 EST

The problem is that the hypothetical state of equilibrium in a capitalist economy is bullshit. I wonder if the efforts to support the Marxian theory in these terms are of any worth. After all, equilibrium economists are facing an increasing discredit in the profession.   A. Agafonow ________________________________ De: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se> Para: Outline on Political Economy mailing list <ope@lists.csuchico.edu> Enviado: vie,3 diciembre, 2010 18:04 Asunto: [OPE] Linear transformation between equilibrium prices and labour values Perhaps one should clarify what Ian Wright has accomplished with respect to the age-old transformation problem. If one accepts a hypothetical state of equilibrium in a capitalist economy in which the flow rates of profits of each industrial sector are equal so that the equilibrium prices are:     p = (1+r) (pA + lw), then Ian has found a linear transformation between these hypothetical prices and standard Marxian labour values, call them v, that is completely determined by the properties of the system.     p = v T where the matrix T = [ (I-A) ( I - (A+C) )^-1  w ] and C is the matrix of rentier consumption coefficients (by lending capital to each sector). Thus in the hypothetical equilibrium state, it is C that makes prices systematically diverge from labour values. Ref: http://sites.google.com/site/ianwrightphd/Home/political-economy //Dave Z _______________________________________________ ope mailing list ope@lists.csuchico.edu https://lists.csuchico.edu/mailman/listinfo/ope