[OPE] FW: Linear transformation between equilibrium prices and lab our values

From: Paul Cockshott <William.Cockshott@glasgow.ac.uk>
Date: Tue Dec 14 2010 - 04:26:03 EST

I agree that one possible hypothesis is that the disorder we see in real profit rates arises from technical change. Another possibility is that it arises from variations in the turnover and depreciation rates of capital stocks in different industries and firms which would mean you have a large number of coupled oscillators with different periods which could have a similar dispersive effect.
Your earlier models evolved to a maximal entropy distribution which is what you expect of a conservative system with high degree of freedom. If your current one does not then it is likely to be non conservative in some way. Maxwells daemon must be at work somewhere. Dave Z suggested in conversation with me that the non conservative element might be the effect of price changes on stocks?