Re: [OPE] CAPITAL AS POWER: free PDF download

From: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 16:02:19 EST

On 2010-12-21 08:50, Paul Cockshott wrote:
> I think if you try to be more concrete you will find that social relations do not just involve people since a portion of the employee relation might be
>
> Greg Chaitin, IBM
> Kurt Wallander, Ystad Police
> Endeavor Morse, Oxford Police
> Jamie Fergusson, John Brown and Company
>
> In other words the employer is usually not a person [...]
> Also you could not represent the debtor relation without including non person entries in the columns
>
> Paul Cockshott, Visa, Pounds, 300
> Gerry Levy, Mastercard, Dollar, 400
> Bank of Ireland, European Central Bank, Euro, 40000000000
> US Treasury, Bank of China, Dollar, 900000000000

Yes, that is true but I was restricting the relations to be over the set
of human agents. Then the relation with a juridical person or firm would
be described in much more complex relations. Your debt to Visa would be
a relation to the set of human agents that perform the functions of that
legal entity.

Moreover, you could define a debtor relations like R_m = { (x,y): agent
x is indebted m units to agent y }.

//Dave Z