Re: [OPE] Bhaskar as Marx's method?

From: Ian Wright <wrighti@acm.org>
Date: Sat Feb 05 2011 - 15:50:42 EST

Hi Jurriaan

If you don't mind I'm going to bow out of this exchange since it is
not productive.

I do not recognize your characterization of Bhaskar's work. I wonder
if you have read the primary sources. And, again, I do not recognize
your description of my work, and also wonder if you read my paper.

If I may say so, you move too quickly from a dialog to an overly
verbose monologue, interspersed -- in my view -- with ritualistic
references to Marx. If you reduce what you write by about 80%, drop
all ad hominem, concentrate on your areas of expertize and either
remain silent or exhibit humility in those areas you do not have
expertize, and, finally, engage more directly with the arguments of
others, then I think your communication pattern will be closer to
other participants in the list. You might find that your exchanges
become much more productive and enjoyable, rather than regularly
breaking down.

Best wishes,
-Ian.