[OPE] Jim Devine's dissertation

From: Jerry Levy <jerry_levy@verizon.net>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2011 - 08:19:15 EST

A message from former OPE-L member Jim Devine to URPE-Announcements list.
In solidarity, Jerry

Feb 9, 2011 07:00:03 AM, James.Devine@lmu.edu wrote:

Dear URPErs:

I have just published my 1980 dissertation on-line. It’s about the theory of capitalist over-investment in fixed capital (not circulating capital), the resulting economic crises, and a lot of other related macroeconomic topics. It includes a critique of the Marxian theories of crisis that were popular in 1980 (in chapter 2) , growth theory (chapter 4), and inflation (chapter 5). It’s at <http://myweb.lmu.edu/jdevine/dissertation/Dissertation.htm>. Comments are welcome.

I think that it would be great if others were to publish their dissertations this way. Otherwise, it seems, no-one but one’s dissertation committee reads the damn thing.

Jim Devine, a.k.a. James G. Devine
Professor of Economics
University Hall, Rm. 4227
Loyola Marymount University