Re: [OPE] The declining importance of stock markets

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Mon Feb 14 2011 - 09:06:53 EST

Hi Paul Z:

Thanks for the link. Oddly, there was no mention of leveraged buyouts
(LBOs) in this piece.

In solidarity, Jerry

PS: if you haven't seen it already, listmembers would probably enjoy
watching the made-for-TV movie "Barbarians at the Gate" (1993) starring
James Garner about the 1989 LBO of RJR Nabisco. Not to be missed in this
comic-drama is the section on the "Premier" smokeless cigarette, which
highlights the risks associated with R&D. It's available on 'youtube' in 7
parts. Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7VhhrEuKWc