[OPE] the death of Robert Fitch

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Fri Mar 11 2011 - 09:43:55 EST

I learned today that Bob Fitch recently died. He was a Marxian sociologist
who was the author of _The Assassination of New York_ and the classic article
"Who rules the corporations?". Details on his death and life can be found in
the following. http://slackwire.blogspot.com/2011/03/fitch.html Note the bizarre
and tragic circumstances of his death.

We were friends, colleagues at LaGuardia Community College, and I had been his
union representative when we taught at SUNY-Empire State College. He was
a wickedly brilliant and critical scholar, someone with genuine integrity, and
he will surely be missed.