Re: [OPE] fascism / opposing imperialist military interventioninLibya

From: Jurriaan Bendien <jurriaanbendien@online.nl>
Date: Wed Apr 13 2011 - 18:27:18 EDT

Well, Lenin argues that there is a fusion of bank capital with large-scale industry, this gives rise to a financial oligarchy, and this oligarchy dominates the capitalist economy (and indeed politics) - a sort of monolithic or monumental domination.

Certainly, there does exist a financial oligarchy, but it doesn't have the sort of absolute power ascribed to it by Leninists. In fact, as I pointed out long ago, the more that the ownership, control, management and use of capital assets are separated, the more problematic the "rule of capital" in fact becomes.

J.