Re: [OPE] Anti-Semitism

From: howard engelskirchen <he31@verizon.net>
Date: Sun Apr 17 2011 - 22:50:59 EDT

Hi all,

I have not followed the exchange, but the post in question is in my inbox.

I certainly have some sense of why Jerry asked the question as he has.

But the question is not about how Jerry interprets the post.

The phrase used is completely outside the bounds of solidarity for the kind of discussion we are about. It's the kind of thing imposed in bar conversation that I walk away from.

I've been on the list almost a decade. There's a whole problem with people getting into exchanges that go over the top; it's a shame this seems so intrinsic to this activity. But in my recollection there has not been this kind of thing. I don't think the list should invite in any way shape or form ugliness of this sort happening again.

howard