Re: [OPE] free competition

From: Paula <Paula_cerni@msn.com>
Date: Fri Apr 29 2011 - 17:01:14 EDT

Jerry wrote:
"Do you think this ideal of communism mirrors or is a shadow of an actual
communist society? "

Well, this is a better example than the ones I came up with earlier. I
certainly wouldn't say that the ideal of communism is an "ideological
construction". It's an ideal rooted in reality - firstly, in the biological
nature of man, our capacity for co-operation; secondly, in our historical
evolution, and particularly in capitalism, which itself lays the material
foundations for communism. Communism evidently doesn't exist in a pure,
complete, fully developed, and absolute form, and perhaps it never will; but
nevertheless its existence today is real and important. Ditto for "free
competition". Actually, communism-in-contradiction-with-free-competition is
not a bad shorthand description of where humanity is presently at.

Paula