[OPE-L:151] Artistic whole?

glevy@acnet.pratt.edu (glevy@acnet.pratt.edu)
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 01:54:21 -0700

Paul Z. wrote:

> Hey, what do we expect of one single human being? Probably Marx hadn't
> meant that he could explain everything before he published anything.

You may be correct. In some places, Marx seems to use exaggeration for
dramatic effect and/or political effect.

> Aren't we back where we started from? We're supposed to be building, not
> tearing apart.

I think we're moving along quite nicely. Doesn't one first check the
foundations, by having a survey, before completing and adding an addition
to a house? All important enterprises involve patience, thought, and
determination.

In OPE-L solidarity,

Jerry