[OPE-L:277] RE: OPE-L CONTROVERSIES

Michael A. Lebowitz (mlebowit@sfu.ca)
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 10:21:00 -0700

In message Mon, 16 Oct 1995 18:50:27 -0700, glevy@acnet.pratt.edu writes:

> We have a number of controversies:
>

> 3) We have no gag rule/group discipline on OPE-L. It is expected,
> however, that we will relate to each other in good faith and as equals.

I now remember that at the time I pleaded for us to proceed in an orderly
fashion it was because I was frustrated because there were so many threads
going that I wanted to participate in (eg., value theory) as well the one
(plans) we had agreed to pursue. To some extent, this still occurs but I
think much less so. My feeling is that we will get to most things that
interest us as we proceed and that patience and a sense of irony are
essential virtues for an OPE-lister.
cheers,
mike
Michael A. Lebowitz
Economics Department, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6
Office: (604) 291-4669; Office fax: (604) 291-5944
Home: (604) 255-0382
Lasqueti Island: (604) 333-8810
e-mail: mlebowit@sfu.ca