[OPE-L:430] Re: abstract labor

Riccardo Bellofiore (bellofio@cisi.unito.it)
Sun, 5 Nov 1995 02:37:55 -0800

On Sun, 5 Nov 1995, Paul Cockshott wrote:

> b. As a subsidiary question, is there reason to believe that
> Marx himself thought his analysis was limited to capitalist modes.

Please, find Engels' simple commodity production in Capital. Hans Georg
Backhaus showed this long ago, in German (Materialen zur Rekonstruktion
der Marxschen Werttheorie, Gesellschaft. Beitraege zur Marxschen Theorie,
n. 1, 1974). But look also at the very scholarly and informative Arthur's
paper in Bergamo, you should have read because I sent it to you.

On the issue of general exchange, capitalist exchange etc. I suggest to
read CLAUDIO NAPOLEONI, Smith, Ricardo, Marx, Blackwell, 1975, pp. 107-109.

riccardo

Riccardo Bellofiore e-mail: bellofio@cisi.unito.it
Department of Economics Tel: (39) -35- 277505 (direct)
University of Bergamo (39) -35- 277501 (dept.)
Piazza Rosate, 2 (39) -11- 5819619 (home)
I-24129 Bergamo Fax: (39) -35- 249975
Italy