[OPE-L:472] Re: Riccardo's suggestions

Riccardo Bellofiore (bellofio@cisi.unito.it)
Sun, 12 Nov 1995 02:44:13 -0800

On Sat, 4 Nov 1995 Steve.Keen@unsw.edu.au wrote:

> This post is more in the manner of a procedural "vote". I think Jerry's
> suggestion, following on from Riccardo's, is a useful one:
>
> |Each person could submit a post in the upcoming weeks (months) that
> |includes an explanation of why "with reference to his [her] personal
> |experience, formation, and way of seeing the practical development of
> |capitalism and struggles, why he [she] thinks Marx(ism) is important, and
> |[how] OPE-L can help" *and* a bibliography.
>
> I'd like to know how many subscribers like this idea.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Keen

In fact, I would prefer to split the sending of bibliographies - to be
done quite soon - from one own's biography relative to marx(ism). The
second could be done in a sequence, the first should be done almost
simultaneously.

BTW, Duncan and Anwar (and Desai) provide a model of what to do in theirs
'entries' in the Biographical Dictionary of Dissenting Economists (Elgar).

in solidarity

riccardo

Riccardo Bellofiore e-mail: bellofio@cisi.unito.it
Department of Economics Tel: (39) -35- 277505 (direct)
University of Bergamo (39) -35- 277501 (dept.)
Piazza Rosate, 2 (39) -11- 5819619 (home)
I-24129 Bergamo Fax: (39) -35- 249975
Italy