[OPE-L:593] Re: Reply to Mino: 2nd round

Riccardo Bellofiore (bellofio@cisi.unito.it)
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 10:02:48 -0800

I understood - but maybe I'm wrong - that while I was thinking that Marx
on abstract labor and value was not *completely* consistent - or, at
least, that there are problems in his argument - you, Andrew, thought that
on abstract labor and value the late Marx (from 1867 onwards) was
consistent, or could be shown to be consistent in his own terms. So, I
thought I could lump you with Mino when he says that he is satisfied with
Marx's original, 'crystal clear', formulations. Thus, my agreement on your
point that inconsistencies must be demonstrated went along with the
recognition that maybe there are differences on content among us. BTW, I
tried in my last posts to show both that inconsistencies in Marx are hard
to find and that anyhow his argument is not completely convincing: that
is, the inconsistencies in Marx are not the ones on which there is
generally an attack on Marx. IMO, of course.

I make to you my apologies if I misrepresented you. And of course, I
would be happy if I overstated the distance among us.

riccardo

Riccardo Bellofiore e-mail: bellofio@cisi.unito.it
Department of Economics Tel: (39) -35- 277505 (direct)
University of Bergamo (39) -35- 277501 (dept.)
Piazza Rosate, 2 (39) -11- 5819619 (home)
I-24129 Bergamo Fax: (39) -35- 249975
Italy