[OPE-L:631] Forms of Tech. Change (digression)

John R. Ernst (ernst@pipeline.com)
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 20:57:01 -0800

Jerry,

I think you presume a lot in your post below. The "lot"
is the role of the turnover of fixed capital and the
periodicity of crisis. That simply is not part of the
picture of Part III of Book III. It clearly was Marx's
idea after he wrote Book III. Further, the chapter
in Book III on the turnover of fixed capital was not
written by Marx, so who knows what the thing might
have looked like upon completion by Marx.

Regards,

John