[OPE-L:633] Re: Order of enquiry and critique

Paul Zarembka (ECOPAULZ@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu)
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 06:02:17 -0800

Fred, in answer to the below, if I were to say that Marx did not use the
labor "theory" of value, but the "law" of value, and that that "law" of
value has a similar character as Newton's "law" of gravity, what would
you say? I.e., gravity has never been "proven" to exist. It is rather a
very useful concept for organizing the study of the fall of objects,
etc.

Is not value similar? If it is similar, then in reading Marx you
can take value as kind of a proposition or assumption and begin reading
after Part I, then come back to what you can learn from Part I. Is not
taking value in another wage leading to dogmatism?

Paul Zarembka