[OPE-L:778] Re: Is the server down?

glevy@acnet.pratt.edu (glevy@acnet.pratt.edu)
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 13:24:30 -0800

Paul C wrote:

> Has Ope stopped working. There seems to have been
> no transmission for a couple of weeks.
As you can see, the server is not down. The last post before Paul's was
sent on Monday by Makoto [776].

The answer is very simple: a lot of subscribers are on vacation or are
attending conferences (e.g. the AEA meetings in San Francisco). We are,
consequently, in a "lull." No doubt, when people come back on-line, the
volume will shoot back up to previous levels.

In the meantime, as I suggested in #775 sent on Thursday, this is a good
time for digressions. Is there something that any of you out there would
like to talk about?

In OPE-L Solidarity,

Jerry