[OPE-L:880] Re: valuation again

Michael Perelman (michael@ecst.csuchico.edu)
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 17:12:21 -0800

The jump from devalorization to the lack of viability was central to my
End of Economics book. I touched on it in my Journal of Economic
Perspectives article (Summer 94).

When capital values fall, firms cannot cover fixed costs. For example,
most of the U.S. railroads fell into bankruptcy, many fell several times.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 916-898-5321 E-Mail michael@ecst.csuchico.edu