[OPE-L:1305] Re: A Problem w. Transformation

John R. Ernst (ernst@pipeline.com)
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 12:10:46 -0800

Allin,

Within the context of most of the transformation literature,
I think what you say is right. The difficulty is that this
way of doing the transformation seems at variance with
Marx and yet often is presented as his albeit with
the usual corrections. This "correction" strikes me as
odd and suggests that the literature is doing one thing
and Marx another.

I'm not sure about your idea concerning prices of production
"pushing away." For Marx, they never had prices of production
at all. Further, their "values" are never transformed.

Your thoughts?

John