[OPE-L:1602] Re: Temporality vs simultaneity

Paul Zarembka (ecopaulz@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu)
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 06:50:54 -0800

Chai-on,

Are you saying that Marx was assuming that the rate of exploitation is
constant in deriving the falling tendency of the rate of profit and that
this implicitly assumes assumes that the real wage rate is rising in
circumstances of the technological changes which would otherwise
cheapened labor power? And are you saying that Okishio is/was well aware
of this when he wrote his paper and that Okishio was implicitly exposing
the importance of rising wages in Marx's discussion? If so, that is
refreshing. It's also nice to hear from someone talked with Okishio
about this.

Paul Zarembka