[OPE-L:1694] Re: Defining & understanding the accumulation of

Paul Zarembka (ecopaulz@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu)
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 07:28:10 -0800

On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, Duncan K Foley wrote:

> ...I'm
> also not sure what Paul Z is driving at: the accumulation of capital is
> from at least some points of view co-extensive with the reproduction of
> capitalist social relations on a larger scale, so it has many facets.
[B
What I am getting at is the theoretical definition of "accumulation of
capital". If we want to use the term I'd like to be clear what it means.
Everything in capitalism has many facets, but we sharpen understanding
when concepts are not swimming around.

When you write that accumulation is "co-extensive with the reproduction of
capitalist social relations on larger scale..." what does co-extensive mean?
What is it other than increase in c AND v, more work hours working with
more means of production? I mean the DEFINITION, not what causes or
effects expanded c AND v.

Is this clearer?

Paul Z.