[OPE-L:1708] Re: Summaries

glevy@acnet.pratt.edu (glevy@acnet.pratt.edu)
Fri, 5 Apr 1996 05:42:28 -0800

Duncan wrote in [OPE-L:1696]:

> There are some ongoing discussions on the TSS interpretation of
> price/value problem and the Okishio theorem still open. In some cases I
> have raised questions in a preliminary way with people directly, rather
> than through the list, but I think some of these may resurface.

If members feel that further discussion is important and forward movement
is possible, we can continue the TSS (and/or valuation of c and Ch. 5)
threads. I don't want to artificially choke-off a discussion.

However, I think it would be a useful exercise for those from different
"sides" to summarize their positions. If nothing else, this would allow
the discussion to be clarified.

My own personal preference is that individuals who have well-developed
positions, write fairly lengthy summary posts in which all of the issues
are clearly laid out. We then, again this is my preference, take a break
to consider the summaries at leisure before returning to those subjects.

More generally, I believe that it is important for us to attempt to
summarize positions before moving on to other subjects.

What do others think?

In OPE-L Solidarity,

Jerry