[OPE-L:1929] Re: Accumulation of capital and Imperialism

Paul Zarembka (ecopaulz@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu)
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 07:18:05 -0700

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Paul Cockshott wrote:

> >Jerry, I believe everyone on this list thinks that accumulation of
> >capital is a necessity of the capitalist mode of production. [P.Z.]
> Your belief is false.
> Paul Cockshott

Paul C.:

Could you elaborate? Capitalists have no "Moses and the prophets"? The
"Conversion of Surplus Value into Capital" is just a "possible scenario"?
Would you say that "exploitation" is a necessity of capitalism or not? What
are productiion of absolute and relative surplus value?

Paul Z.