[OPE-L:2005] Re: quiz: answers

riccardo bellofiore (bellofio@cisi.unito.it)
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 03:49:41 -0700

At 4:31 27-04-1996 -0700, Massimo De Angelis wrote:
>Riccardo wrote: "My expectation was that almost nobody would
>have answered correctly" . I feel now like one who
>had the right lottery numbers without having played them. Riccardo
>is witness of my telling him in Boston "one of the quotes
>is Garegnani's" to which he replied "interesting". So
>Riccardo, is there any premio di consolazione??
>
>Massimo
>
>PS the fact that Garegnani aknowleges that the transformation
>problem is not Marx's problem is a further indication of how
>sick all this last hundred years in the history of
>Marxist economics has been.

Massimo:

(i) you did not played the game... (no premio di consolazione)

(ii) a conversation is not the right place to play that kind of game,
because the setting - as a psycoanalist would say - is not the right one:
too much noise and recyprocal influence

(iii) it seems that you are sayng both that you knew the answer (but you
did not said which was Garegnani's quote!) and that Garegnani was right in
his interpretation. That's probably why I said the reply was interesting,
from a guy like you. I would have liked you said this on the list...

(iv) certainly, I urged you to play the game when you returned in Europe

cheers

riccardo

Riccardo Bellofiore e-mail: bellofio@cisi.unito.it
Department of Economics Tel: (39) -35- 277505 (direct)
University of Bergamo (39) -35- 277501 (dept.)
Piazza Rosate, 2 (39) -11- 5819619 (home)
I-24129 Bergamo Fax: (39) -35- 249975
Italy