[OPE-L:2437] Re: Dynamical Systems

glevy@acnet.pratt.edu (glevy@acnet.pratt.edu)
Fri, 31 May 1996 05:49:03 -0700

Following up on John's #2436, which was a response to Alan's #2432, Alan
wrote:

> But the *paradigm* itself, the method of working, cannot impose
> any particular set of transition rules. What it should specify
> is the axiomatic foundation which any actual set of transition
> rules should respect among which I would number [...]

Alan has repeatedly, in many posts, referred to the TSS "paradigm" and the
"axiomatic" nature of propositions in Marx's thought. I have my doubts
about the usefulness of both terms as an interpretation of Marx's method.
However, in order to avoid confusion, could you (Alan) please specify
what you mean by these terms and their relation to Marx's (and Marxist
schools of) thought?

In OPE-L Solidarity,

Jerry