[OPE-L:2703] Re: Sources on abstract labour (fwd)

Gerald Lev (glevy@pratt.edu)
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 10:06:18 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 07:44:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To: Multiple recipients of list <ope-l@anthrax.ecst.csuchico.edu>
Subject: [OPE-L:2703] Re: Sources on abstract labour

>I think Marx defines the commodity as a product in a system of division of
>labor organizaed by exchange, in which the duality of "use-value" and
>"exchange value" arises. Commodity production is the foundation of
>capitalist social relations of production, but not coextensive with it.
>
>I think Murray's posting with the quotes from Rubin are a good place to
>start to come grips with this way of thinking about Marx's theory.

You may think this but what I am concerned with is whether there
are any thoughts along these lines that I can cite in print, as
I can not do that with ope postings. I am familiar with Rubin, but
he does not make the points quite as explicitly as some of the
people here.
Paul Cockshott

wpc@cs.strath.ac.uk
http://www.cs.strath.ac.uk/CS/Biog/wpc/index.html