[OPE-L:2856] Re: Value of labour power and real wage

Michael Perelman (michael@ecst.csuchico.edu)
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 14:20:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hans Ehrbar wrote:

> Here is a shot in the dark, since I don't know the preceding
> discussion. About the issue of rising real wages addressed by Duncan
> in [OPE-L:2845] I propose the following theses:

Hans might have added that the existence of the Soviet Union made
"fairness" more important for the U.S. economy. Now that no alternative
model exists, the real wage is free to fall. Whether there will be an
effective backlash or whether Dole will be able to say that it is all
the fault of taxes remains to be seen.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department