[OPE-L:2863] Re: Value of labour power and real wage

Gerald Lev (glevy@pratt.edu)
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 16:08:46 -0700 (PDT)

Paul Z in [OPE-L:2848] wrote:

> These remarks of Duncan are consistent with my own understanding, i.e.,
> it is very important to take the rate of surplus value as fixed in
> analyzing the falling tendency of the rate of profit.

... but Marx was pretty clear in stating in V3, Chs. XIII + XIV that the
LTGRPD will occur with a constant or *rising* (up to a point) s/v and that
the same mechanism that causes the rate of surplus value to rise also
causes the general r to decline. Are you suggesting that the general r
will *only* fall with a constant (or decreasing) s/v?

> Assuming s/v fixed is assuming a stabilized (in some sense) relation
> of capital to labor.

I don't understand this. Could you explain what you mean?

In OPE-L Solidarity,

Jerry