[OPE-L:2883] Re: Value of labour power and real wage

JERRY LEVY (jlevy@sescva.esc.edu)
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 12:37:24 -0700 (PDT)

Gil [Hi Gil -- it looks like Cone will leave Norwich and pitch for
the Yankee imperialists soon] wrote in [OPE-L:2877]:

> How about that part dealing with the creation of a unified
> and self-conscious revolutionary working class?

I don't think that the creation of a unified and self-conscious
revolutionary working class is the result of the "immiserization
of the proletariat". Why must the working class wait until it is
(further) immiserized? Self-conscious revolutionary activity can
result when they begin as a result of their struggles to realize
their strength in unity.

We should remember, in any event, that misery is relative in the
sense that the social understanding of what it is to be miserable
and pauperized changes over time (and is frequently different in
different geaographic/national/cultural regions).

In OPE-L Solidarity,

Jerry