[OPE-L:2929] Re: Okishio and the poverty of mathematical economics

Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 17:16:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 30 Aug 1996, Stephen Cullenberg wrote:

> I do think that the Okishio theorem is based on a linear price of
> production model, and lurking behind an equal-rate-of-profit condition is
> an (not always explicit) assumption of methodological individualism.

How do Alan, Andrew et al. feel about this judgment? This question,
of course, is posed from the standpoint of one who is skeptical
about profit-rate equalization, but who has not made the argument
that the equalization assumption betokens indivdualism.

Allin Cottrell.