[OPE-L:2972] Re: steedman on herkscher-ohlin

Stephen Cullenberg (Stephen.Cullenberg@ucr.edu)
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 14:37:24 -0700 (PDT)

Steedman did publish such piece, I beleive in the Manchester Economic
papers, but I don't have the reference.

BTW, Patrick, it's Heckscher, not Herkscher. Is this your anti-Sweidsh
bias coming out? :)

Steve C.

>Patrick Mason wrote:
>>
>> OPE-Lers:Michael Hudson. Trade, Development and Foreign Debt is great
>>although
>he goes about it from a history/history of thought perspective.
>

>> Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember Ian Steedman published a
>> critique on the Herkscher-Ohlin theory of international trade and factor
>> price equalization. Does anyone know the reference for this or a similar
>> paper? Any Marxian papers on international trade and wages/unemployment?
>>thanx.
>>
>> patrick l mason
>
>--
>Michael Perelman
>Economics Department
>California State University
>Chico, CA 95929
>
>Tel. 916-898-5321
>E-Mail michael@ecst.csuchico.edu

Stephen Cullenberg office: (909) 787-5037, ext. 1573
Department of Economics fax: (909) 787-5685
University of California Stephen.Cullenberg@ucr.edu
Riverside, CA 92521