[OPE-L:3020] Re: Straight and Moral

John Ernst (ernst@nyc.pipeline.com)
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 09:41:33 -0700 (PDT)

Duncan,

I just looked over my post (OPE-3016). The profit
in each period is specified. The price of output
falls from period to period and the rate of profit
is assumed to be constant. It seems to me that
the rate of profit I calculated for the capitalist in
the example has to be correct. It is 150f the
invested capital in each and every period.

I am curious about what you refer to as the "standard"
and asked about it in a previous post. What strikes
me as interesting about this is that there are, as we know,
various methods for calculating depreciation. When
and how they came into being as well as the why's of
when they were adopted may tell us something of
the degree to which capitalists anticipate price
decreases.

John