[OPE-L:3037] RE: Okishio 5 of 4

Gerald Lev (glevy@pratt.edu)
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 06:46:57 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew wrote in [OPE-L:3036]:

> Alan: "Have you seen a dynamic system that confirms Okishio?"
> Andrew: Yeah, a few, sort of, but not all have monotonically
> increasing productivity.

So ...[this is interesting!] ... Andrew is saying that there *have* been
a "few" ("sort of") dynamic models that have confirmed the Okishio
Theorem. This raises a number of interesting and related questions, such
as:

(1) what type of dynamic models were selected?

(2) can the "dynamic" models accurately be said to be dynamic?

(3) what are the concepts of equilibrium and disequilibrium used in the
above models?

(4) to what extent do the results depend critically on the assumption of
"monotonically increasing productivity"?

(5) what are the assumptions specified in these models?

(6) are there any assumptions made that are not explicitly stated?

Unfortunately, Alan has excluded Andrew from the "sandbox" and we don't
know yet what are the "few, sort of" dynamic systems are that he is
referring to. Does anyone else know or should Andrew be allowed back into
our "sandbox"?

In OPE-L Solidarity,

Jerry