[OPE-L:3159] RE: "orthodox" Marxism

S.Mohun (S.Mohun@qmw.ac.uk)
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 02:54:20 -0700 (PDT)

>Fred wrote in [OPE-L:3156]:
>
>> I also agree whole-heartedly with Riccardo's suggestion to try to find ways
>> to translate more non-English Marxian works into English.
>
>*Capital & Class* used to have an "Archive" section in which shorter
>classic works in political economy were translated and published for the
>first time. Does anybody (Alfredo?) know why *C&C* discontinued that
>section?
>
>In OPE-L Solidarity,
>
>Jerry

My memory of the late 70s/early 80s is that
a) Very few pieces were forthcoming
b) Copyright negotiations were a nightmare
c) Translators were usually impecunious people on the left trying to earn a
living, and paying anything near a reasonable sum was too expensive for CSE.
Simon
Simon Mohun,
Dept of Economics,
Queen Mary and Westfield College,