[OPE-L:3211] Re: Marxian Empirical Research: Does Skilled Labor Create Value?

Steve Keen (s.keen@uws.edu.au)
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 13:37:26 -0700 (PDT)

Paul's answer to Iwao's question returns us to the perspective that
skilled labor simply reproduces the value involved in training, which
argues that education cannot therefore be a source of additional surplus
value. As I've commented in an earlier post, Hilferding--who is one of
only 4 marxists who considered this systematically (the others being
Sweezy, Meek & Harvey)--reached a quite different conclusion.

I also note that Paul's one literal answer of Paul's answer is that
labor adds no value at all! Of course, what he means is that surplus
value comes only from simple labor, correct?

Cheers,
Steve Keen