[OPE-L:3331] Value of Money

Gerald Lev (glevy@pratt.edu)
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 06:48:24 -0700 (PDT)

Steve K wrote in [OPE-L:3325]:

> [...] This is also, of
> course, the basis to Post-Keynesian theories of money, and I don't think
> it could be denied that PK theories of money are significantly more
> developed than Marxian ones. [...]

[...I can't resist taking a small bite on this bit of bait ...]

Please explain the assertion above regarding the relative development of
PK vs. Marxian theories of money -- noting that there are both
commodity-money and credit-money Marxian theories.

Please be so kind, also, to give *examples* of PK literature on money
which is significantly more developed than that existing in Marxian
literature.

In Solidarity,

Jerry