[OPE-L:3369] Re: accumulation of capital revisited

Gerald Lev (glevy@pratt.edu)
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 01:52:31 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew K wrote in [OPE-L:3368]:

> R (the cost of repressing the working class, in the direct process of
> production and outside it)

The cost of repressing the working class outside of the production
process, and indirectly within the production process, is borne by the
*state* -- the subject of which has not been analyzed at this stage.

> As I noted earlier with respect to Paul C., it would have been simpler and
> more to the point had you just acknowledged that you've been wrong and I've
> been right.

I am going to have to put on my moderator hat:

Your response to Paul C was way out-of-line. If you don't want to have a
serious discussion in good faith, please tell us so. If you persist in
making statements like the above, then others on the list will simply not
want to have discussions with you. That would be a most unfortunate
development from my perspective.

In Solidarity,

Jerry