[OPE-L:3582] Re: Marxian empirical research topics

Gerald Lev (glevy@pratt.edu)
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 06:07:09 -0800 (PST)

Duncan wrote in [OPE-L:3571]:

> I've guided some very fruitful attempts to apply the circuit of capital
> methodology empirically to the U.S. economy, though no one has ever got to
> the point of publishing the results, to my chagrin.

I'm guessing that you mean dissertations at Columbia. If so, what and whose
dissertations are you referring to?

What is the "circuit of capital methodology" as it relates specifically to
empirical work?

Another guess: have similar attempts been made in France (other than by
Dumenil/Levy) to apply this methodology to empirical work?

In solidarity,

Jerry