[OPE-L:3685] Re: Jerry: Clarification on OPE-L rules

Allin Cottrell (cottrell@wfu.edu)
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 15:26:33 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996 aramos@aramos.bo wrote:

> > I tend to think that considerably more progress would be
> > made towards answering some of the politically
> > important issues raised by Gerry if we paid more
> > attention to what Riccardo has been doing and spent
> > less time discussing differing interpretations of value
> > theory.
>
> This statement has concerned me very much, and I need some
> clarification about OPE-L rules.

I think Alejandro needs to know that the OPE-L "rules" are
essentially as we (meaning all participants) choose to make
them. Members are free to offer their suggestions on what
are fruitful and what are fruitless lines of inquiry (as
Paul did); but then others are free to continue with
whatever discussions *they* feel are most important --
within a general framework of collegiality and mutual
respect.

Allin.